Monday 2 November 2015

Messing about on the River Culm

I have the privilege to live on a lovely farm outside of Exeter. Yesterday we (dogs and all) went down to Killerton, a National Trust property, to let the dogs have a run. It turned into an hour (maybe more) walk on muddy tracks, up a few small hills and across very wet grass. I didn't take photos because it was a bit gloomy making the autumn colours look a bit dull. But when we got to the River Culm, I couldn't resist getting a few shots of the dogs messing about. Mel and Peter have 4 dogs, Jake, Ash, Danny and Ben (who I didn't get photos of).

Ash, the black Belgium Shepherd, loves his stick. But so does Jake, the collie. They were enjoying fetching the stick from the river.


Ash got the stick every time.


Jake didn't mind the cold water.


Waiting for the stick to be thrown!


Danny on the other hand, has an obsession with something else. And it's not a ball.


A stone! He loves stones! He's always begging to have stones thrown for him. Even huge ones that he can hardly pick up!




Jake's a little unimpressed with losing the race. (Or perhaps he's unhappy that I'm pointing my camera at him! He's a little scared of me.)








Jake is very photogenic, even when he's soaking wet!




Danny is so obsessed, he even digs in mud for stones!





The dogs really enjoyed playing in the river and I enjoyed the long walk. It was good to get out and see some countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment